America’s Biggest Employer is Hiring – Hundreds of Thousands of New Government Jobs near You
newly published report from the Washington-based non-profit Partnership for Public Service is showing that over the course of next four years, the U.S. federal government is projected to create over 600,000 jobs in a variety of occupational fields. This is a 50% increase over the previous four years.
If you haven’t considered a government job, you should definitely make it part of your job search. U.S. government jobs provide relatively secure employment, good benefits and lucrative pay. Some of the positions, like deputy associate director for global operations, pay as much as $155,500 a year.
Most of new government jobs will be in the following professional fields:
- Security, Protection, Compliance & Enforcement – 62,863 new jobs
- Medical & Public Health – 35,350 new jobs
- Accounting, budget & business – 21,248 new jobs
- Engineering & Sciences – 17,477 new jobs
- Program Management/Analysis & Administration – 14,305 jobs
- Information Technology (IT) Specialists – 11,562 IT jobs.
- Air Traffic Controllers – 15,004 jobs
- Foreign Service Officers 3,500 jobs
With stepped-up efforts to secure the U.S. against terrorism threat, security-related government jobs are still in very high demand. The Departments of Defense and Homeland Security alone are expected to offer more than 83,000 new jobs. Over 15,000 new Customs and Border Patrol agents and 22,000 TSA (Transportation Security Agency) workers are expected to be hired over the coming years.
If interested in government jobs, please also, make sure to read our article: Looking for a job? Look for it in D.C.